Start your application for health coverage.

Enroll Now

Premium Calculator

This is an easy way to determine if you are eligible for tax credits or subsidies.


1. Enter your annual household income in the box labeled Annual Income. This income figure should include all income in your tax filing family (include spouse’s income if you are married and filing taxes jointly).

2. Enter the size of your family in the box labeled Family Size. The family size must match the family size on your income tax return. You may count yourself, your spouse, if applicable, and any dependents you are allowed to claim on your tax return. Individuals living in your household who may not be claimed on your taxes may not be included in this number.

Calculate Premiums

Calculate Learn about these calculations



Definitions:

  • Final FPL%: This is where your income level falls as compared to the Federal Poverty Level. For example, if your final FPL% is equal to 300%, your income is three times higher than the FPL.
  • APTC%: This is the percentage of your annual income that you will have to pay for health insurance coverage for all members in your tax family.
  • Expected Monthly Premium: This is the dollar amount per month that the second lowest cost silver plan will cost.
  • Market Rate: The income level you entered into the premium calculator exceeds 400% of the Federal Poverty Level. You are not eligible for a discounted premium through the Advance Premium Tax Credit (APTC) Program.
  • Medicaid Eligible: The income level you entered into the premium calculator falls below 138% of the Federal Poverty Level. It appears that you and any family members entered into the equation are eligible for Medicaid and may enroll in that program.
  • Silver Plan: A Qualified Health Plan that covers all of the Essential Health Benefits required as a result of the Affordable Care Act and has an Actuarial Value of 70 percent. For example, a silver plan on average would pay for 70 percent of the costs for covered benefits, and enrollees on average would pay the remaining 30 percent through cost-sharing (deductibles, copayments and coinsurance).

For more information on term definitions, please visit our FAQ page.


Disclaimer:

The dollar amounts used to calculate Federal Poverty Level (FPL) are for calendar year 2013. These figures are expected to change in 2014 and the calculator will be updated in 2014 when figures are available. Expected monthly premium shown above applies to the second least expensive plan, the Silver Plan, available to you on Nevada Health Link. The monthly premium includes health insurance coverage for ALL of the individuals in the family size box.